Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The other day in class we were introduced to a website called Wordle (www.wordle.net). This is a really neat website that allows you to make "word clouds". On the webpage you can enter a paragraph and it will create a colorful arrangement of the key words in the paragraph.

This fall I will be teaching in a kindergarten classroom and wanted to be able to use this resource in my class. Because we won't be writing long paragraphs, I thought it would be neat to use this resource to create word art for our classroom. One unit I will be teaching is the ocean. As a class, we would brainstorm words about oceans to come up with a large list of words. We would then put the words into wordle and create a piece of word art for our classroom that students can go back a read.

Here is an example of what a word cloud might look like for Fall Words:

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas for using Wordle in a Kindergarten classroom. You want your classroom visual - especially with words!

    ReplyDelete